A Group Company into Hospitality Sector
#store operations # Area Manager # operations Manager
1. Leadership – Setting goals for the work group, developing organizational capability, and modeling how we work together:
· Attracts and selects management talent for the district and region as a whole. Coaches and develops store manager team to attract and select high quality talent for their stores.
· Builds store manager capability to coach, develop and manage the performance of their direct reports.
· Leads a team of store managers to deliver legendary customer and partner experiences. Spends majority of time in stores observing store environments and operational effectiveness, coaching and developing store managers to achieve business goals.
· Manages through unusual events to keep district operating to standard.
· Manages with integrity, honesty and knowledge that promote the culture, values and mission of company
· Sets clear expectations, delegates and communicates key responsibilities and practices to store managers to ensure smooth flow of operations within the district.
2. Planning and Execution – Developing strategic and operational plans for the work group, managing execution, and measuring results:
· Creates district implementation plans based on trend analysis and local market knowledge to ensure effective execution of regional and company initiatives that achieve both operational excellence and business results. Follows up consistently with team of store managers to ensure accountability to plans.
· Monitors and manages district-wide management staffing levels. Ensures store manager talent acquisition and development in order to achieve and maintain district operational requirements.
· Utilizes existing tools to identify and prioritize communications and filters communications to store managers within the district. Communicates clearly, concisely and accurately in order to ensure effective operations at the store and district level.
3. Business Requirements – Providing functional expertise and executing functional responsibilities:
· Accesses external resources to support district-wide operations and to execute district and regional initiatives such as Partner Resources, Marketing, Safety & Security, Finance, and Store Development.
· Builds store manager capability to analyze store level business trends and results.
· Ensures adherence to applicable wage and hour laws for nonexempt partners and minors.
· Proactively identifies problems, embraces problems as challenges to solve and coaches store managers to do the same.
· Responsible to provide feedback on a regular basis to support services functions to ensure the most successful business partnership.
· Solicits customer feedback and proactively researches local markets to understand customer and community needs.
· Utilizes management information tools and analyzes financial reports to identify and address trends and issues in district performance.
4. Partner Development & Team Building – Providing partners with coaching, feedback, and developmental opportunities and building effective teams:
· Develops and maintains positive relationships with partners in the district by understanding and addressing individual motivation, cultural nuances, needs and concerns. Challenges and motivates partners to achieve business results.
· Ensures store managers adhere to legal and operational compliance requirements. Regularly checks in to ensure hourly partners have been trained by management to adhere to legal and operational compliance requirements.
· Manages district’s store managers by regularly conducting performance assessments, providing feedback, and setting challenging goals to improve partner performance. Manages ongoing partner performance using performance management tools to support organizational objectives.
· Recognizes and reinforces individual and team accomplishments by using existing organizational methods.
· Utilizes and demonstrates effective management principles and practices to create and maintain a successful team of store managers, resulting in an environment where partners are valued and respected.