An Italian FMCG Organization
#Legal # Litigation # Non Litigation
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
• Associate Manager – Legal responsible for all activities of legal function by ensuring compliance of
applicable corporate laws and related policies to mitigate current and future legal risks so as to
ensure that business targets are achieved with legal prudence.
2. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
• Provide legal support for Company in India and supporting in preparation of all legal
documentation, resolution of legal issues, contractual communications and commitments.
• Monitor and improve process for contract development and maintenance; advise all levels of
business partners on a broad array of business transactions and business models, including sales
contracts with customers, distribution arrangement, as well as negotiation and documentation of
contracts; review contract documents; update and develop templates in order to protect company’s
interests on contractual commitments, balance and optimize risks, gain greater commercial benefits
and ensure company is protected legally.
• Driving the legal compliance programs in the company, including the compliance of the local law
and regulations, code of conducts.
• Drive compliance awareness within the organization and identify areas of compliance vulnerability
and risk and undertake corrective plans to resolve the issues
• Advise management on laws affecting hiring, dismissal, redundancy, disciplinary actions,
compensation, benefits and training of company staff; Work with HR management to draft and/or
review human resources policies and manuals in order to ensure the company and its employees’
rights are protected
• Litigation/Claims/Government Investigation: Initiate, defend and settle of claims, demands and
litigations; Monitor compliance with the claims policy and procedures and progress of court,
employment tribunal, , and other regulatory investigation in order to limit the company’s payouts to
legitimate and enforceable claims and ensure the company’s rights are protected
• Drafting and execution of Power of Attorneys and maintaining records of the same.
• Provide business support by supplying affidavits, undertakings and authorizations to business on
• Work in close so-ordination with Legal Consultants to put up a reply to all the legal notices
received by the company.
• Maintaining and ensuring agreement status and sharing with business
• Ensure Secretarial compliance and maintain repositories of all compliance documents
• Legal Support in Due Diligence activities on need basis
• Working on Legal Notices pursuant to Intellectual Property (IP).
• Identify potential risks; prepare tracking and reporting systems, guidelines for compliance
committees etc. to mitigate risks.
• Legal opinion and interpretation of laws regulating products of the Business and laws relating to