A German FMCG Company
#Taxation # Head Tax # Direct Tax # Indirect Tax
1) Direct Tax & Transfer Pricing
· Administer & comply with routine compliance including corporate tax returns, transfer pricing reports, tax certifications, withholding tax returns, etc. of the company as well as the foreign group companies. In addition, timely update on the litigation status to the senior management & global tax team
· Litigation & Representation – Managing past litigation including appearing before various tax / appellate authorities for various matters
· Transfer Pricing – Proving support for Transfer Pricing assessments involving discussing with the tax advisors on the positions to be taken which could impact the company, establishment of transfer pricing policies, documentation and performing the functional analysis for the company, etc.
· International Tax – Assisting the group companies on the tax implications including PE Exposure on the intra-group transactions carried out.
· Expatriate Tax – Managing the taxation related to expatriate employees being deputed to India and deputed outside India.
2) Indirect tax/GST matters
· Administer & comply with routine compliances such GST monthly returns, monitoring input credit, following-up with vendors (with internal team) to ensure no loss of credit, etc.
· Handling Tax disputes for past years raised by tax authorities such as VAT/Service Tax/ Excise / customs notices relating to assessments, enquiries, investigations etc. and ensuring timely submission of data and documents.
· Preparing data and document relevant for replying to Show Cause notices, submitting initial replies against the notices received and assisting the legal consultants for preparing the final replies.
· Support the Global Tax team on various India tax matters including providing potential risk on various India tax issues impacting the local company or the group
· Relationship & stakeholder management – Develop and maintain an effective working relationship with the tax authorities, consultants, relevant members of the business and functional teams, other members of the local tax and international tax teams and external service providers, handling Internal & Statutory Auditors in relation to tax related schedules.
· Tax Planning and Managing Effective Tax Rate – Tax Planning including proactive recommendations for reducing Effective Tax Rate.
· Tax knowledge building – Educating the stakeholders in the area of taxation with relation to developments in the tax area
You must sign in to apply for this position.